Lecture: 2 SWS, ECTS: 2;
Time and Place: Mo, 08:30 - 10:00, CAP3 - R.I
Exercises: 2 SWS, ECTS: 4;
Time and Place: Mo, 10:15 - 11:00, CAP3 - R.I
The topic of the lecture will be the basics of human audiovisual perception and applications in coding and compression of audiovisual data.
Topics are among others:
- Human audiovisual perception.
- Digital signal processing for audio and video signals.
- Compression techniques for audiovisual data as JPEG, MPEG.
The exercises will focus on JAVA-programming. The first part will be a comprehensive JAVA course. In the second half the JAVA experience will be used for the programming of a simplified JPEG algorithm.
- To be announced during lecture.
- D. Flanagan, Java in a Nutshell, 4th edition, O'Reilly & Associates, 2002
- B. Eckel, Thinking in Java, 3rd edition, Prentice Hall, 2004 (free online)
- G. Krüger, Handbuch der ))Java-Programmierung, 4th edition,?Addison-Wesley((, Sep. 2004 (german - free online)